Friday 11 April 2014

Further Idiocies by Microsoft

This is very tedious but is unfortunately necessary:
Microsoft cancelled my hotmail address (simondarragh@hotmail.com). To compound the disaster, I then found myself unable to write in this blog, because blog authors are identified by the e-mail address they had at the time of creating the blog. Loss of that email address 'means' that the blog author no longer exists.
I created a new e-mail address, (simondarragh@gmailcom). I told as many people as I could of this, (not very many because Microsoft would not allow me to recover my address list.) Almost at once, Microsoft gave me back my hotmail address. For about half an hour, I had both addresses. Then, the new gmail address mysteriously disappeared. I have been unable to recover it.
Next, my existence as author of this blog was suddenly acknowledged again and I was able to write this and I hope post it on the blog.
Thus the current situation is that, as before Microsoft interfered, I have one e-mail address, (simondarragh@hotmail.com), and one blog, the one you are looking at. I tell readers all this in case they are confused, and assure them that their confusion is as nothing compared to mine. The last few days have been an 'Information Technology' nightmare for me and I have been unable to engage in such worthwhile activities as playing the piano and writing witty things here.
 
I hope soon to be able to entertain and amuse you all again. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment