Sunday 11 January 2015

The Rolls Razor



Few people out there will remember this device, which was briefly fashionable in the 1950s and is now I suspect what is called a ‘Collector’s Item’, especially if, like mine, it still has its blue Rexine case, instruction leaflet, and, rarest of all, a still-intact whetstone.

Here is the first quarter or so of the instruction leaflet: (the main reason I’m showing you this is because readership dropped like a lead balloon two days ago, and I’ve noticed before that this happens whenever I neglect to put in a picture; it seems any picture will do. I will try to indulge this infantile taste.)

If this oddity seems to excite any interest, I will put in the rest of the instruction leaflet in due course. By the way, I have occasionally shaved with this thing, but it’s a lot more hassle than those plastic disposable razors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment