Saturday, 7 November 2015

Transatlantic Electrical Shenanigans

My efforts to restrict the size of my bedside book pile have been defeated by the possession of a Kobo, into which I load anything that looks interesting. Thus it was that this morning after breakfast in bed I read the following mysterious passage from a hand book for theatre and cinema electricians, published in America in about 1914:

‘Numerous cases are on record of persons being killed by 110 volts under favorable circumstances; as, for instance, while in the bath receiving a shock from a so-called vibrator.’

No comments:

Post a Comment