Wednesday 15 June 2011

Schmoozy Schlepper

Someone of the above name has posted a comment which I have received by e-mail. I tried to reply directly but this silly blog site wouldn't let me, so here's the reply I wrote, copied and pasted in:

Cheers. What an unusual name you have. I suspect a pseudonym. The formatting difficulty you're probably talking about concerned a book I'd just written, using microsoft word, in which I had included not just footnotes but footnotes-to-the-footnotes, also marginal notes (as in Coleridge's 'The Rime of the Ancyent Mariner' if you know it) and when copied and pasted into the blog it all got jumbled. My long-term plan is to scan all my printed publications and put them in the blog, as no-one ever buys my books and I'd rather they were read free than not read at all. But that must wait until I'm back in Greece, where I have a scanner and a computer that can turn word documents into pdf files.

No comments:

Post a Comment